The vision of the Digital Bridge is to ensure our nation’s health through a bidrectional information flow between health care and public health. A first of its kind partnership, the Digital Bridge has created a forum for key decision makers in the health care, public health and health information technology arenas to share ideas and solutions. The Digital Bridge is also an incubator, cultivating projects that meet the goal of effective information sharing between clinicians and public health professionals. As its first project, the Digital Bridge collaborative has designed a nationally scalable, multi-jurisdictional approach to electronic case reporting (eCR) that will be implemented across different states and cities.
- The Digital Bridge team will coordinate eCR implementations at selected sites beginning in 2017. Sites selected for eCR implementations include:
- California Department of Public Health
- Houston Health Department
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Michigan Health Information Network
- Utah Department of Health
- Beginning in 2018, eCR will be a public health reporting measure under meaningful use. Read more in news and events for guidance and resources.
- Governance body members recently gathered during an in-person strategy meeting to develop a roadmap outlining future milestones for the growth and sustainability of the Digital Bridge. See the executive summary for details.