News & Events
- New workgroups have been assigned for the next phase of the Digital Bridge initiative: the eCR implementation taskforce, the strategy workgroup and the evaluation committee. Visit the workgroups page for more details.
- The Digital Bridge project management office has selected seven sites to participate in eCR implementations: California, Houston, Kansas, Massachusetts, New York City, Michigan and Utah. Site implementations will begin in the spring of 2017 and will continue through 2018 in a phased roll-out.
- Medical Informatics World Conference, May 22-23, 2017, Boston, MA
- Vivian Singletary, co-principal investigator for the Digital Bridge, will give opening remarks during the presentation entitled “Improving Health through an Ecosystem of Interoperable Applications and Knowledge” in the interoperability track, and she will also moderate a breakout session on “Creating an Achievable Path to True Interoperability and Continuous Health Care IT Improvement.”
- 2017 Practical Playbook National Meeting, May 31-June 2, 2017, Washington, D.C.
- A session on Digital Bridge will be presented on Thursday, June 1 under the topic Current Data Tools and how to Translate them into Practice.
- CSTE Annual Conference, June 4-8, 2017, Boise, ID
- A pre-conference workshop entitled Integrating eCR at your Agency: Harvesting the Ripe Fruits of our Labor is scheduled for Sunday, June 4 beginning at 8:30 a.m. Digital Bridge members will present on the progress of the project with highlights from workgroup leaders.
- There will be a presentation on the Digital Bridge as part of the Electronic Case Reporting: Finding the Trail to Success breakout session at CSTE on Monday, June 5 starting at 4:00 p.m.
- The roundtable session, Transforming Public Health Case Reporting through a Digital Bridge, will take place Tuesday, June 6 from 1:00 p.m.-1:45 p.m. Each will highlight the value of electronic case reporting. There will also be an exhibit booth with giveaways and the latest information on the initiative.
- NACCHO Annual Conference, July 11-13, 2017, Pittsburgh, PA
- A Digital Bridge presentation, “Transforming Health through a Digital Bridge,” is scheduled for the NACCHO Annual Conference. Digital Bridge governance body members will join a panel to give an overview of the project and touch on the local health department perspective. There will also be a panel led by CSTE, the Houston Health Department and HLN Consulting that will provide background and a walk-through of RCKMS.
- Jim Jellison and Vivian Singletary, part of the Digital Bridge project management office, recently presented on the project during a webinar hosted by the Public Health National Center for Innovations (PHNCI). Entitled Transforming Public Health through Collaboration with Health Care, the recording can be viewed and shared here.
- ASTHO, NACCHO, JPHIT and PHII hosted a webinar on March 24 to discuss the value of electronic case reporting and the Digital Bridge partnership. Governance body chair Dr. John Lumpkin and participating Digital Bridge members were presenters. See below for the full recording and presentation slides.